Shepherd Business Group
The Shepherd Business Group is a computer consultancy specializing in UNIX and Windows integrated networking, network security, software and hardware systems integration, process and operations documentation, training, on-site support, telephone assistance, and dial-up support. Shepherd Business Group has been providing services to businesses, home offices, and personal computer users since 1991.
Our services are provided with the goal of creating a reliable, secure, and cost effective computing environment, enabling our clients to maximize their return on information technology investment.
UNIX and Windows network integration is one of our specialties. Your networked computers can use servers based on the UNIX operating system for services such as:
- Internet and intranet web servers
- Domain authentication services
- Server and workstation backup
- Network file and print services
- X-Windows applications
- Browser based applications
- Terminal based applications
- Firewall and intrusion detection
- Internet gateway anti-virus protection
- Email servers and IMAP web-mail access
- Shared DSL/ISDN/modem Internet connections
Your Windows based desktop PC's can use services from both UNIX and NT Servers, leveraging your existing investment in hardware, applications, and training at your business. This is the same strategy used by most "Fortune 500" companies to provide the stability necessary for mission critical servers and applications.
Location is key to any business, and River Falls, Wisconsin is ideal. The Shepherd Business Groups office is centrally located between the Twin Cities, and the Chippewa Valley "Technology Valley" area.